Forum home Wildlife gardening

My efforts

• LukeBLukeB Posts: 46

For those that are interested, here are the birdhouses with roofs finished up.

Also made a robin birdhouse too image

Oh and the insect house is done, just need to fill it!

• LucyLLucyL InvernessPosts: 163

Wuw they are looking fab! Great job image

Thank you image very pleased with them.

More creations image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,182

Great handiwork

I couldn't agree more about getting kids interested early. If it's part of their routines to be outside helping in the garden, it becomes second nature esp if they see results of projects they've helped with.

Devon.
  • LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Luke they are lovelyimage.  Have you approached any GC's yet?  Any retail outlet will want such a large profit and a large supply that it may be worth just advertising locally, as and when you can make them.  Hope I'm wrong.  You are very talented and it would be a shame to accept hardly any more than it takes to make them.

The best thing you have done is to introduce your children to the joys of nature and they will thank you for that in the futureimage.  Mum will be delighted with her presentimage

Thank you for the comments image appreciated.

I haven't approached yet but plan too, going to take and print some nice photos and take them along see what they say. It's only a kind of hobby but if I can sell, the better for it!

Agree regarding getting my kids out there, my next project is to make 2 ground level planters for each of them to plant whatever they like.

Ps this is the 'insect hotel' filling up slowly, last section will have pine cones. Top to have plants in soon.

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

That is beautiful! 

Thank you image

Actually loved making and filling this, something I may also approach GC's for to sell them. Just no clue on how much!