Forum home Problem solving

Back garden privacy

• I have a number of Bamboo in my back yard and they are all well bahaved apart from the Pseudosasa japonica which I knew and wanted to be a runner on a slope. I think stress (lack of water, root damage etc) is what can set bamboo to set out runners, which makes sense, bad location, it goes looking for a better one.

• Well Blairs, I think the implication is that we don't understand anything.  I'll just lock up my shed and go back to grave-digging and curtain-making.  Enjoy your bamboo.

Over and out.   image

• Not sure where the nasty antagonism has come from on this forum...suck it up I suppose. I have lots of Bamboo and it has not invaded anywhere (apart from the Sasa which I knew is a type that is invaisive). Why are people opening a thread from last Feb anyway?

• When I visited Sri Lanka they have bamboo which were as tall as trees and honestly I've never seen such a dense and HUGE shrub in my life.  Think carefully before chosing this option truly.

• Mine have resided happily in their tubs for seven years - how long before they're as big as the ones in Sri Lanka.  Duh !   image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,404

Plenty of it up here on our hillsides too  jo. image

Verd - you're more than welcome to it....image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....