Forum home Plants

Daffodil bunch from shop

Is it normal to find a white daffodil with a bunch of perfect yellow ones? I bought the bunch from our local store. I hope I managed to post the image ok. I tried to post a picture of the daffodil in a vase with the yellow ones.

I was really pleased to see it, all white and standing out from the rest in the vase. It has gone now, and I have bought more daffodils to see if it happens again. Nothing yet.

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    It's just a different variety that got among the others.
  • A nice supprise for you image
  • BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Often, although not always, the white ones are very perfumed - have you tried.

I grow the white ones next to our path for that reason, but they won't be flowering yet. 

• Well I never! I thought they were quite rare! I did not know white ones were bred. I will ask for them next time I buy daffodil bulbs.

Yesterday I bought a pack of sprouting spring bulbs, narcissus tete a tete, and have planted them where the sun shines a lot. I love the miniature ones. Daffodils really do brighten up the garden in early spring.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,091
  • Wow! Thanks for that link! Looks like I'm in! I'll get some soon. Cheers!  image

By the way, can I post an image for you to see my white one? I tried the other day and it didn't appear, so I must have not done something right at the time. Just asking.

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

It won't work from a phone Elizabeth (just in case). Otherwise click on the green tree in the the toolbar above your writing box and follow the instructions image

• I did that before, 4thPanda, and just now, and it still did nothing. I get the JPG and press upload and nothing happens. It seems easy when I follow it but then it goes nowhere. Any reason why?

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, FrancePosts: 2,159

Are you pressing save as well?

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors. – Mary Cantwell
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, FrancePosts: 2,159

I like the white daffodils too. This is my first spring in this garden so I didn't plant hardly any bulbs, thought I would just wait & see what comes up. Unfortunately not very many daffs, some snowdrops and I think grape hyacinths but have identified lots of spots to get them in this autumn. Will do what Bekkie says and plant scented ones near the house. 

Good luck with picture posting. image

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors. – Mary Cantwell