Forum home Talkback

mulleins

Trying to sort out my front garden as it's a heck of a mess! This morning i was digging out some plants that I'd like to keep. Think i found a baby mullein i didn't know I'd got ( I'll be honest,i trod on it!). Replanted it to where one of my borders is going to be but what does anyone think it's chances of survival are? Started raining now so I'm hoping that may help image

• biofreakbiofreak Posts: 983

Positive that it should be OK as long as not sitting in boggy spot. They seem to like really arid conditions. Growing out of the tarmac on old car park near us. Beautiful specimans.

• Janet  2Janet 2 Posts: 114
    Thankyou. Think it's a mullein! Little furry leaves and I vaguely remember years ago there being one in the garden so lm working on the assumption it's something to do with that. With my luck it'll turn out to be a brand new type of dandelion! image
  • Perhaps it'll be one of those big candelabra ones. I get them appearing in different parts of the garden. I had one in the front garden and people did stop to look at it when it was in flower.