Cosmos. Fallen for a double cranberries but .......

Hi all I have seen cosmos cranberries but it's expensive seed. But it looks lovely! Anyone got any hints on other double cosmos that isn't too tall. Or a source to buy cosmos cranberries from. I am after something to do in between my perennials to give that billowy cottage look. I was hoping for 2 ish feet. My cosmos purity got to 4 ft last yr and suffered with the wind!

• ladygardener2ladygardener2 Posts: 340

I don't blame you wanting Cranberries, it's a beauty. It's described as being 60 - 80cm. I've seen that it's available in a good many compaines, selling around £2.50 for 30seeds.

The Sonata series seems to keep to around 60cm or so and are widely available but not doubles. Double Click is smashing, I grew it last year but it reached about 90cm or so for me.

• Is there a way of stunting the heights at all without affecting the plants health??
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,193

I grew the double click cranberries last year - they were gorgeous, and didn't get too tall. Have ordered more this year - from Chiltern seeds (£2.45)

This year I will plant them somewhere where they don't clash with the rudbeckiasimage

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • I think I should have done that with my zinnia last year because I got a tall plant with only a few flowers! I'm never sure which bit to pinch and when, when there is a bud on or just new heart shoot?!
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,193

No problem, any timeimage

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • Sold I'm going to buy some, thanks all