Forum home Talkback

paper whites

Hi please can anyone help me

Can I have paper whites flowering in September? I am getting married in a forest and would love to have them as my flowers. If it is possible how would I go about it?

Thanks Patricia

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,464

I'm doubtful as the bulbs won't have had their usual summertime rest - but the 'Queen' of forcing bulbs is Sarah Raven - you could try emailing her to see if it's possible for her to provide bulbs that can be planted ready to flower in September http://www.sarahraven.com/customer

Good luck image have a wonderful wedding and a happy life image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks for the info and getting back to me so quickly. I will contact her now

All the best

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,593

Patricia, have you actually smelt those paperwhites, my mum, daughter and myself had to put them outside. I think some people like them, not anyone in my family though.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hi Lyn yes I agree they can be over powering in a house but our reception is in a yurt on the edge of a forrest so I thought there fragrance would be strong enough to make an impact without being overwhelming.

Didn't realise how complicated all this is ha ha image