Forum home The potting shed

Handy!

Ivonne_SmitIvonne_Smit s-Hertogenbosch, The NetherlandsPosts: 9

• Ivonne_SmitIvonne_Smit s-Hertogenbosch, The NetherlandsPosts: 9

Using my tablet in my garden shed and following the instructions of GW Newsletter (photo)

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,975

Super idea, Ivonne, must remember to do that.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Ivonne_SmitIvonne_Smit s-Hertogenbosch, The NetherlandsPosts: 9

Thanks Lyn! Nice to get a positive reply. Is it allright to give you a little feedback on your profile? I think social media and fora like this would benefit much from actual profile pictures and a bit of personal information. Who am I talking to? I suppose you have grown since this charming portrait has been madeimage Thank you, and enjoy your garden!

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,357

forgive me Ivonne, but I think it's down to the individual how much the share, or for that matter withhold in their pofile.

Some have lots of info, some none. Each to his own. 

Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,975

Yes! Certainly grown since then. Just about one year old.X

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 1,000

That looks so efficient Ivonne! My "shed" is a few shelves in the garage and if I put my tablet down then OH would probably bury it with DIY stuff. However, we're getting some landscaping done in February and I should be able to have a brand new shed all of my own so will probably spend many hours there and could start using my tablet then.

I'm afraid I'm another person who doesn't want to put my picture in my profile but it does give some information about me.

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,577

That all looks very organised Ivonne - good idea. 

I have a little info in my profile so people know what part of the country I live in, the soil & pests I am fighting and an idea of the type of garden I am trying to create - but I don't give more personal info unless it is to individual members I trust.

Many of us are very wary of putting personal info and images onto the internet. The vast majority of posters on this forum are friendly, honest individuals who want to share gardening experiences and have a little fun - but we must also be aware that anybody (including the bad guys and weirdos) can see what we post image - so most of us prefer a little anonymity.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

I am very lucky that I have wi-fi in the greenhouse and shed and I often take my tablet or phone out. I have a little stand and thick special pen that originally was designed for when using the tablet in the kitchen. Comes in terribly useful with the common garden "wait-what-was-that" and regularly spotted "lost-the-label".