Forum home Talkback

Babyplants.co.uk

Has anyone had dealings with Babyplants?  I liked the sound of them on their website and the Garden Centre looked impressive on Google maps, but they haven't answered a query that I emailed to them and I don't want to go back down the Canny Gardener road again.

• Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 1,073

I haven't come across them before but just had a look at their website and virtually every plant I looked at (I was looking at perennials) said "Out of Stock", which didn't seem to be a particularly good sign.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
  • Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

If you go to Amazon, type in plug plants, last year I had numerous plugs from several suppliers and they have all performed extremely well. Look at the feedback rating's for each supplier it's a good guide. As singing gardener has said, all the plants are out of stock, well nearly all.

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

Out of stock may not be a red flag given it is January and they may not want to sell plants at this time - tender or just not big enough. Not replying to an email is not good though if it is one man and he is propagating and protecting etc then perhaps a phone call might help?

• Have recently received a response to my email with apologies for the delay, it would appear that they are a small operation, however I had ordered plugs from Dobies     before their response, maybe will give them a try next year.