Forum home Tools and techniques

Window box liners

Hello where can I get hold of window box liners, idea is we can plant them up keep them, evergreen display for winter, bulbs for spring etc. Looking for

something like this. 

We would be very grateful for any help. Thank you.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,640

As you have got this picture off the net, can we assume its your company, and you are selling them?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,188

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but The garden superstore do economy troughs, 40cm and 60cm, 3 for £8.52 or 3 for £10.89.

You could use them as liners. Go to the site, click on troughs and then economy one's.   

He has got that picture off the site that sells them! Bit of free advertising.

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Why go to that expense anyway, an empty compost bag with a few holes punched in makes an ideal liner free of charge.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,340

Andrew - are you in the USA?  There's an American website selling exactly what you're talking about. 

One of the pictures they use is identical to yours, except that yours doesn't have the writing over it image

Maybe yours is the original? image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thank you for most of the suggestions, I am an individual looking for a product like this in this country the u.k. I do not have a commercial interest in this product as has been suggested.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,340

That's a relief then Andrew image sorry if we jumped the gun but this site gets it's fair share of companies thinking it's ok to plug their wares.  GW is a business that depends on advertising for its income so free-loading really isn't on. 

I hope you find what you're looking for image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

If you hold your mouse or finger on the product in the posters picture above,  the info will say, 'search google for this image' click that and the company selling them will be there, I assumed as the poster found that picture, he must have seen the selling site.

• image I seem to have upset Lyn......thanks again for advice! I shall look in wilko thanks Edd!