The Great British Garden Revival

enjoying the programme tonight on Irises and later on from 7.30pm Ornamental Grasses on BBC2.  Did not know it was back for this second series so was a joy finding it on tonight. episode 6 of 10 so will be looking back on I player for the episodes from last week.  Was looking for the episodes this week it is on tomorrow and then the final 3 are next week.

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,952

Shame you missed them some times repeated on Sunday early morn but iplayer is good - I really liked Fridays one with tulips and scented plants

Hampshire Gardener
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,952

Alan Titchmarsh is on itv at 8pm tonight Britain's best back gardens

Hampshire Gardener
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,536

Really enjoying the grasses - I can see I'm going to have to dig some more of the lawn up image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JamesOJamesO Posts: 229

just got into grasses my self have a small garden so have the blood grass also Pennisetum and a Sesleria nitida

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..I quite enjoyed that, although I tire of this continued dumbing down process, where they attempt to replace Latin names with the silly and ordinary... I mean, people have these exceptional computers in their heads, yet apparently it's far too difficult to say Anemanthele lessoniana, instead we must have Whisky grass / Champagne grass, or somesuch...  not very appealling to those who might object to spirits I'd have thought...at least that kind..

...now Amaretto grass I might go along with...

...I switched over afterwards and watched Alan Titchmarsh on Great British Back Gardens.... all very middle class and a bit fey in parts, and  way out of the range for most I think...  I did rather like the cancer sufferer's fruit and veg garden I must say that...organic too...marvellous work gone on there..

overall... I'm left still preferring my own rag, tag and bobtail garden...

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,732

I shall now upset all the grass lovers, but they probably don't mind what I think anyway. I don't care for grasses, too much like weeds, not enough colour, no scent, boring. When we were in Yorkshire I decided not to go to the Scampston walled garden but to go to the Breezy Knees garden, glad we did, Breezy Knees was fabulous. Thought those grass beds at Scampston were so dull.

I liked the irises. Loved the rose one and Friday's one and really enjoyed the best back gardens prog with Alan T.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

...I can understand that... seeing swathes of grasses amongst the usual backdrop of the rolling British countryside, just doesn't fit in I think... more suited to the flatter Dutch and German landscape and eastern England... it's known as prairie planting after all...  however, a few here and there are fine by me... I even grow them with my roses...

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,525

I loved the garden behind the B&B, the "Japanese" garden was a bit too "themed" for my taste, but very well done. I loved the city garden with the kids, but I hated the "his" part of the his and hers garden, although I did actually laugh out loud when he said " I just put my coat on".

I recorded revival, but I seem to have deleted it , tsk @ self. iplayer beckons methinks.

Devon.
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

I loved the grasses I have a couple that were featured, mine don't look their best as they are singular plants as I don't have room for group planting such a shame. 

Also enjoyed Great British back gardensimage