Forum home The potting shed

Monty Don Tour

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,606

chicky I did visit the Hosta garden in Lindford. I lived no more than a mile from it and only visited  it after moving here to Devon. I used to look after 4 gardens in Chawton and drove past Gilbert White's house every day, but again, only visited it after moving to Devon. I've still never been into Jane Austin's house even though I was in the village 5 days a week.

Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,376

That's normal Hostafan. I was born and brought up in Cambridge and have never visited the colleges or theri gardens

• I thought about going to Guildford but decided that dinner out on that evening was a better idea!

• Bumping up. X

• Wonder if Monty is coming to Wales......does anyone know?

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,988

Hooray - Monty is coming back for a second bite at the Apex (I think the 1st one sold out very quickly) so I am now going to see him on 2nd March (in the afternoon). image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Thats brilliant Topbird, hope you have a lovely time. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Quite varied information. image

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,988

Thanks SGL - I've heard various reports that he's very interesting to listen to so should be a good afternoon. Sounds like quite a varied programme.

Sorry Meadowland - can't help with Wales - have you tried looking for the tour dates on Google?

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • You beat me to it,TB.....just about to....thanks.

• I really  enjoyed it, he talked with out any notes but had a screen with lots of pics of Longmeadow and his Italian gardens and many more. So maybe it varies slightly from show to show. Very interesting, you'll have a lovely time x

He lives in Herefordshire,  so its possible he's in Wales at some piont. Fingers crossed x