Forum home The potting shed

Monty Don Tour

Morning all, is anyone going to see Monty Don on his current theatre tour?  To repeat part of my 'Regular Contributors' post earlier this morning, I live near lowestoft in suffolk and have booked for The Apex in Bury St Edmunds.  Btw, for anyone local to Suffolk who has not yet had the pleasure of attending an event at The Apex, what a wonderful venue!

• I would if I lived closer! 

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,972

I think Star Gaze Lily went before Christmas - maybe she will pop in later.

i have just googled and he is coming to guildford this week - but all sold outimage.  Wish i had known sooner, but will keep my eye open for others near me.

hope you have a great time Ashdaleimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,414

Are you near Guildford chicky? we used to live in Bordon, OH had a house in Effingham Jct.

Devon.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,414

sorry, not prying, just curious.

Devon.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,972

Closer to Bordon than Guildford, Hostafanimage.  Just outside Farnham.  One of our cycling routes takes us out that way - by Whitehill and Selbourne.  There is a fabulous Hosta garden in Lindford too - have you ever been?

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,612
    I live very near to Bury St Edmunds but the tickets for The Apex sold out very quickly image - but I've got my name on the waiting list.

Ashdale - Hope this isn't too cheaky but, if you find can't go for any reason - might you send me a PM? Would love to go if a ticket became available - full asking price, of course.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • AshdaleAshdale Posts: 149

Hi Topbird.  Yes, I certainly will let you know.  Without raising hopes too much, I have 2 tickets and there is a small chance OH won't attend with me.  Otherwise, I hope you are able to pick up a returned ticket from the Apex.  Good luck.

• Hi Ashdale, Chickys right I went....think it was October. A very enjoyable evening, throughly enjoyed it. Very informative and lovely shots of his garden and the italian gardens etc on his other shows. Bits of history information too on the italian gardens. My OH got it as a surprise for me and we both enjoyed it.

Chicky not sure if its too far but think its on in Horsham too.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

I would if I lived there too image

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,612
    Ashdale wrote (see)

Hi Topbird.  Yes, I certainly will let you know.  Without raising hopes too much, I have 2 tickets and there is a small chance OH won't attend with me.  Otherwise, I hope you are able to pick up a returned ticket from the Apex.  Good luck.

Thank you Ashdale - much appreciated. Much as I would love to go I do hope both you and your other half are able to make it!

Will keep my fingers crossed for both of us image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down