Forum home The potting shed

Regular contributers.

I do not wish to be rude or say the wrong thing, but I often wonder where some people get the time from to contribute to this forum so often. Some names pop up on such a regular basis one wonders if they ever do any work. Is it good for someone to have the computer on quite so often?.

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,045

It is winter after all when the days are inclement and very little gardening work can be done. What can be better than talking about gardening with like minded folk? Not a lot!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,473

After working full time for over 30 years, I now work 3 days per week and therefore have time on my hands. I'm sure many other " regular contributers" fit into similar senarios. We've raised our kids, we've bought the house, done the garden, got the T shirt.

And as hogweed says, it's winter , so not much to do in the garden.

I'm sorry if this offends, but there you have it.

Devon.
  • SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

...to be honest cowslip, I sometimes think that too, but nowadays we spend much more time on our computers I think, especially at this time of year.... I also find that garden forums can offer a light relief from all the troubles of the world...

...however, I don't think of this forum so much as a gardening forum, it's more of a chat forum with a bit of gardening thrown in... so, maybe not everyone's cup of tea...

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,569

I can knit and contribute to a forum more or less at the same time. It beats sitting in front of a TV watching 'celebrities' and listening to canned laughter image 

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 3,368

Surely the forum is better for all the contributions and people sparing the time to assist others?

I would be sorry if people posted less often. I work 50 hours a week and find time to read the forum everyday. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,473

with you there nutcutlet, I usually drop in whilst having breakfast? cuppa mid morning, post lunch etc. right now I'm waiting for my husband to serve up din dins. I'm not on here 24 7 though. I do have a life.

Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,569

Glad you have  a life Hostafanimage

So do I but at my stage of life there's less going out in the evenings than there was in the past and I've never been a TV watcher. But we don't need to justify it do we? Everyone finds pleasure in their own way.

• I'm retired, single & bone idle....having said that, my post count is still only about 3 and a half thousand.....very low compared to most.

Gizza a job!

• I'm not sure if this includes me but I read quickly and can pretty much touch type!