Forum home The potting shed

Snowdrops???

I was wondering who it was last year who bought a load of snowdrops in the green from Eurobulbs?

I bought 100+ and when gardening the other day noticed that none have made an appearance.....is it too soon, I am known to be impatient image

• allium2allium2 Posts: 413

I'm not sure who it was but i bought some at the same time and I think mine are just appearing. Hopefully yours will appear soonimage.

• Thanks Alium, I hope so, silly question but do they need it a bit cold to come up.....it's been very mild here.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,555

I have had one bunch in flower since late November but they are in the most sheltered and sunniest bed.  There isn't a sign of the many other clumps I have around the rest of the garden though I admit the grass has been frozen so I haven't been across to check the beds furthest from the house but nothing doing in the bed immeidately behind the house where I have several clumps.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,895

No snowdrops here yet, lots of bulbs showing but I havent got any idea which are which.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • i have a few bulbs showing but definitely no snowdrops.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,295

It might have been me - i have used Eurobulbs before (the ones in Wisbech) and always been pleased.  My snowdrops are just starting to show, but only a couple of mm, and I'm in the balmy south.  Hope yours put in an appearance soon.

• Oh that's ok then Chicky, I think there was a few of us bought them actually, but I've never had them before so wasn't sure when they were meant to come up......thanks all image

• I bought some too SL, I can't see any of mine either image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,137

If you have planted them in the grass they are very hard to see as the new green is much like blades of grass, I didnt think mine were up a few days ago but today a few flowers have appeared. I am sure they will come unless voles or mice have taken them,  I have holes everywhere in the garden and the tubs.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Planted all of mine in the 'earth'  can't see anything poking through.