Snowdrops???

I was wondering who it was last year who bought a load of snowdrops in the green from Eurobulbs?

I bought 100+ and when gardening the other day noticed that none have made an appearance.....is it too soon, I am known to be impatient image

• allium2allium2 Posts: 413

I'm not sure who it was but i bought some at the same time and I think mine are just appearing. Hopefully yours will appear soonimage.

• Thanks Alium, I hope so, silly question but do they need it a bit cold to come up.....it's been very mild here.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,575

I have had one bunch in flower since late November but they are in the most sheltered and sunniest bed.  There isn't a sign of the many other clumps I have around the rest of the garden though I admit the grass has been frozen so I haven't been across to check the beds furthest from the house but nothing doing in the bed immeidately behind the house where I have several clumps.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,874

No snowdrops here yet, lots of bulbs showing but I havent got any idea which are which.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • i have a few bulbs showing but definitely no snowdrops.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,410

It might have been me - i have used Eurobulbs before (the ones in Wisbech) and always been pleased.  My snowdrops are just starting to show, but only a couple of mm, and I'm in the balmy south.  Hope yours put in an appearance soon.

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Oh that's ok then Chicky, I think there was a few of us bought them actually, but I've never had them before so wasn't sure when they were meant to come up......thanks all image

• I bought some too SL, I can't see any of mine either image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,340

If you have planted them in the grass they are very hard to see as the new green is much like blades of grass, I didnt think mine were up a few days ago but today a few flowers have appeared. I am sure they will come unless voles or mice have taken them,  I have holes everywhere in the garden and the tubs.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Planted all of mine in the 'earth'  can't see anything poking through.