Forum home Wildlife gardening

Frozen pomds

2»

• It can be diagnosed by the astonishingly quick onset of the renal failure and by characteristic crystals that develop in the urine.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,177

Steve, as ever, I bow to your superior knowledge image

Devon.

but do you , as a professional, think the number is accurate? Just a thought

Devon.
  • Sadly, I suspect it could well be. How many of those are malicious? No idea. Some of them definitely will be, some will be from spills as the ingested dose needed is small.

I'm not a fan of cats in the garden, but my neighbour has 9, yes 9 of them and I'm terribly fond of some of them ( esp the one who has a permanent splint after being caught in a rat trap, and a wonky tail after being hit by a car ), but won't encourage them to hang around my bird feeders.

Devon.
  • nightgardennightgarden SW ScotlandPosts: 112

The figures come from the charity Cats Protection - 1197 reports of antifreeze poisoning in the UK since Nov 2012 so I would think their report is accurate.

The article is in Amateur Gardening 3rd January issue.

horrible , horrible , horrible. Poor wee critters.

Devon.
  • i have 2 tennis balls in my pond also i only had to melt the edge of the pond with warm water twice this year  normally i keep the pond pump working but i havent this time