Forum home Problem solving


I seem to have become allergic to something in the garden.  I sometimes get a cluster of small blisters (up to 1cm diameter)  eg on the inside of my arm, as if I've brushed against something.  Any ideas?  Looking on line, euphorbia seems to be the most likely culprit but I haven't been near any lately.

Any Ideas??


  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,010

    I get painful rashes, but not blisters, from sticky bud/goose grass and some conifers.  All sorts of plants have bristles or sap which can upset sensitive skin, especially in sulight so, if it's a weed, best to wear long sleevs and gloves once you've identified the culprit.  If it's a treasured plant then consider protecting yourself or finding it a new home with friends or neighbours.

    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

    Anything with hairs can also cause a reaction, e.g., scabious.

  • LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,013

    My Hubby gets blisters if he touches courgettes etc.image

    Pam LL x

  • Have you been picking runner beans? - the plants sometimes give me a very mild rash.

    Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

  • thanks for all this.  I have harvested a few parsnips - but wouldn't you expect them to be benign as you eat them?  Don't think I'll grow them again.

Sign In or Register to comment.