Seed companies

Which seed companies do forum users buy from? Does it make a difference?

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

I have just bought lots in the 50p sale at TGCG and most of them were  T&M, they are currently my favourites for germination rates and customer service. I have bought some off ebay and have had few problems.

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

T&M and Suttons are my choice - both reliable.

• jean6jean6 Posts: 157

what does TGCG stand for  image

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

The Garden Centre Group, for many people their closest one is a Wyevale but mine is just called A Garden Centre, they have been selling off all their packets of seeds for 50p.

http://www.thegardencentregroup.co.uk/

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,115

Isn't it odd, I find T&M, Suttons, Sarah Raven very shy germinators. Especially for varieties where you get few seeds in a packet.

For veg I go for MoreVeg and The Real Seed Company and the Italian vegetable seeds.  Excellent germination.

• Jean GenieJean Genie Posts: 1,724

I also buy mine from good old Wilkie's - usually in the half price sale. They have all the top name seeds and I've also tried Wilko's own -  never had any problems with them.

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619

I think viability is helped by good storage - i keep mine in tupperware type boxes in an old spare fridge in the shed.

• I know in the past I have bought seeds and the germination hasn't been reliable, but I cannot for the life of me remember the company names (note to oneself to keep a diary!) I have had good results from T & M, that one I remembered!

• Strangely, I was looking at Dobies today and wondering whether they would be ok.