Forum home The potting shed

Garden programme on Sky 1

Hi, You might be interested to know there is a new garden show on sky one this Friday @ 8pm

http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/programme/detail/4061/595

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,357

I don't have sky, but it looks like a gardening version of something like come dine with me, or  4 in a bed. Too much "mine is better than yours" for my liking. But some like competition .

Devon.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,991

Thanks Mark - always good to know when there is gardening of any description on TV - will give it a try.

alan T on the buckingham palace gardens was good too - we stumbled across it by mistake, but I am sure it will be repeated.

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Hi, chicks, we caught the buck house program too.

• Chicky, the Queen's Garden first part is on today at 2.20 on ITV.

The programme on Sky1on Friday is called Show Me Your Garden and is on for an hour. Should be good for ideas for people on the forum looking to update bits of their garden, or decide what they don't want.

There is also a new series on ITV on the 6th Jan at 8pm called Britain's Best Back Gardens, hosted by Alan Titchmarsh who has asked the public to nominate their gardens and he visits his 30 favourite plots across the UK.

And I think it might be new on BBC2 at 7pm, The Great British Garden Revival also on the 6th, 10 episodes.

Goodness - sounds like for once I might be monopolising that TV planner - thanks gmaiden image

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • No probs Chicky, I got next weeks tv guide today, that's where its all come from image

• And for those that like trains, Great British Railway Journey starts on Monday BBC2 at 6.30pm, 20 programmes Mon-Fri on Southern Scotland railways.

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283

Anyone watch 'Show me your garden'??

Didn't really know what to make of it, enjoyed seeing the 3 gardens, all of which I liked equally. 

Couldn't really figure out the 'competitive' part of the show. None of the couples seemed like people that a £500 prize would make the slightest bit of difference to either..

Will watch again but would have been just as good to me if they were not judging each other and the time wasted on that was used more for the explanations on techniques. 

I agree Gemma - enjoyed it, and will watch again, but only coz I love seeing what people create in their gardens.  The competition element was pointless, and I will be doing my best to ignore that bit in future.  But I thought all 3 gardens last night were gorgeous - particularly the last one.