Forum home The potting shed

2015, here we come!

Every year I get the same feeling, Christmas has gone New Year almost upon us. So, let's fast track January and get to the end of February when I start to sow, indoors, my French Marigolds. When does your  'new year' start?

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,853

When the snowdrops start pushing through. I love snowdrops, I'm trying to divide them just after flowering and plant them everywhere where I have hostas and late flowering plants.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,233

First week of Feb for me, which is when the windowsill propagator comes out ....although I will enjoy the snowdrops and hellebores in the meantime.

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • On Jan 1st like Verdun's and when we do the new years day flower count  

Hampshire Gardener
  • Errrmm January the 1st imageimage

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,906

I want to say mine's already started as I've excitedly done all the planning and ordered some container plants today (image)...but in case that doesn't count then it'll be with the seed sowing in Jan.

Normally start off alot of tall sweet peas but have dispensed with them this year - only doing trailing s/peas, snaps and achillea in Jan

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

My gardening years go round and round without beginning or end. image

• That's about right Nutcutlet

Hampshire Gardener
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Hi Gg

re the NYD count. First one to do it starts the thread?image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,784

Sounds good to me Nut - I was having a pre-emptive inspection this morning image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh