patio

thinking of having a patio layed in indian sandstone does anybody have this stone would like to hear other peoples opinions of it

• granmagranma Posts: 1,817

Son has this on his patio , it  has lots of different colours combined in each piece.

Have not heard any complaints or anything bad which would have put me off if I was having  a patio.  

I can ask him if he has any regrets  if this is any help , but I'm sure you will get some more posts .

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,848

Our garden had vast areas ofDerbyshire  sandstone that had aged badly over the years. The Indian stuff is harder and more strongly coloured than the native stuff. It doesn't blend in too well but seems to do the job.

One thing I did  otice when it was delivered, there were quite a few duff slabs that had to be returned.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Iv got a Indian sand stone patio and its fantastic it's been down 3 years and still looks good after a clean.

The slabs are very strong and you need a good disk to cut them.
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

We have it on our patio, I was a little disappointed that the colours weren't as I expected, however after a good clean it looked much better. It is tough but needs regular cleaning to look at it's best. 

• I am more than happy with mine. Colours better than I had expected.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,047

Check very carefully with the supplier.  Most Indian sandstone is quarried using bonded child labour.   I wouldn't want that in my garden.   There's a reason it's cheap, like Primark clothing............

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw