I got lucky last night...

I left the GH door open, lucky for me there was no Frost..image

• Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,572

Wot a let down that info was AL, thought we were in for somethingimage fruity 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,414

It was really mild here in Norfolk last night - I was seriously thinking of putting the summer duvet back on again image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,572

DONT tempt it Doveimage Jacks on his way,

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,414

I didn't Alan - I just suffered with the heat! OH says it was like sleeping with a windmill! image

I'm leaving my little greenhouse opened up for the next couple of days - if it gets really cold would you mind popping over and closing it up and bubble wrapping it - you could fleece the fig while you're at it ... if you don't mind image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,087

I only shut my cold GH if there's severe wind forecast

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,234

Our summer duvet stays on all year round, and window open a crack, the greenhouse window stays open a crack as well. The other greenhouse has a piece of glass missing so always well ventilated.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

The big greenhouse (relatively speaking) has had no heating yet, and open doors when dry enough.  The little plastic seed tray one got blown over twice so we have taken it down and put the bits in the garage till the next growing season gets under way. 

• Cold and frosty here this morning.

• I've had two of those lightweight 'seedtray' shelters utterly destroyed: (plastic cover torn to shreds, frame sections 'disassembled') in recent gales. No, I'm not on a windy SW-facing clifftop - but slap in the middle of PD town; mid-terrace and as 'sheltered' as one could imagine!! Still, mustn't grumble! It's so mild here the question of GH heating doesn't arise. Best wishes for 2015/6 growing season to all forkers!!

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,114

Rain rain rain in the north west image