The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Carex trifida "Rekohu Sunrise"

philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,293

Recently bought one of the above.  Bit messy and soggy but now cleaned up and re potted in decent compost/grit until Spring.

I have 2 sites in mind........either fully south facing in a 50/50 soil ( broken up/improved  clay and imported top soil ) and grit  OR a not so clever clay/manure/grit sloping site south/east.  I know for most of my grasses that the drainage is vital but unless I am unlucky, neither intended site will be flooded.  My Carex flagelliffera will take quite a bit of damp but the other Carex often resent it.

I wondered whether anyone was growing this specific plant and found it did better in one situation or another ?

Thanks

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,293

Thanks Verdun.......admittedly I was leaning towards the south facing site so maybe confirmed.

I was surprised to find it listed as "new" but in fact goes back to 1992.......a lot of variation on the "striping" apparently but sounds ideal for what I wantimage 

• granmagranma Posts: 1,643

Isn't care x a grass then version ?

Isn't care x a grass then verdun ? 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,620

Strictly speaking Carex is a sedge, newme.

Some of speak strictly, others are happy to call ophthiopogon a grassimage

Hello newme, are you new or have you had a name change?

Later edit, I've worked it out nowimage

Verdun and nut 

Have pmd you image

Yae image

Sometimes you don't want them though imageimage