Forum home Talkback

Daffodils

I have daffodils in flower. I have never had them this early before and would like to know if they are flowering in other parts of the country.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,668

How lovely image  Whereabouts are you Betsy2 ? 

We visited my mother in law in early November and she had a little multi-flowered narcissus blooming merrily in her sheltered west-facing front garden in south Lincs image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

We only have the very tips showing in our garden Betsy2. At the local market yesterday the flower stall was selling bunches which are the first I've seen. Wonder if they were grown in the uk.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Nothing to see hereimage

Though some leaves have appearied in a woodland spot, About 7inches tall and looking worryingly like Sternbergiasimage

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

They look lovely Nut, why the worry?

No Daffs here yet either (Essex) but have the greenery coming through.

Hi Panda, good to 'see' you.image

Those sternbergias need a summer baking they won't get thereimage

but it probably doesn't matter too much. There are dozens out there and they rarely flower wherever they are.

See you in the summer, I'm already thinking about next season's trips.

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

No sign of anything daff like there. Although this year mine didn't seem to get a shift on until much later than everyone else's so I'm not expecting anything until May!

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,923

I've got a few little daff shoots here in Tyne and Wear, it's been fairly mild this past week so a few things have emerged.

Everytime I put a trowel in the earth I find a sprouting bulb which is good to seeimage

• Have 2 ready to flower in the Isle of Man, v strange as their 100 brothers and sisters in the garden are only just showing a growth!

• Mark 499Mark 499 Posts: 380

Daffs are poking through here in Suffolk, snowdrops too &  today I found the first Hellebore fully open.

2 crocus tommasinianus in flowerimage