Forum home Talkback

Christmas from the garden

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,755

LOL Edd - good idea, we need to 'move some on' - can you come and fetch them?  And bring the boxes at the same time? image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

Yes, it's quince LPand there's loads more on the bush. As it's right at the other end of the garden and I can hardly see it from the house, I'm planning to pick a load more in a couple of days for Christmas day.  Might stick some holly and ivy in too!

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,203

Here are my bunches from the garden.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

'like' Busy Lizzie image Although I love bling at Christmas I think bringing greenery indoors is important.  It's the true tradition of our ancestors, even pre-Christian, and seems to me to celebrate perfectly that the winter solstice is behind us.

• Made today with trimmings from the garden (cornus, choisya, a very tiny holly leaved shrub with orange flowers, chinese holly). The variegated holly literally blew in to my front garden yesterday morning so I've made use of that too.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 41,345

Lovely garland LilyP image

I love having some greenery in the house at Christmas and now that it's stopped raining I might bring some in to add to the wreath and the windowsill. That's a really pretty wreath Gardenmaiden. 

Not from the garden, but daughter has finished her Christmas cake and also a new gingerbread house so I thought I'd put the pix on here. 

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/PC220014_zpsbdf51f1c.jpg

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/PC220001_zps11d8f6de.jpg

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,866

Snap Fairyimage  littlest chicklet has been doing similar - except I made the cakeimageimage

Love the house too - how sticky did she get assembling thatimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • I have cut some holly today in order to deck the halls. Although the blackbirds had all the berries long ago, so will have to accessories it with baubles. 

Lilly how did you get everything to stay in place up your stairs? Did you wire it all together? Or use florist oasis? 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,755

Lovely garland, lovely swags, lovely cakes imageimageimage

Absolutely fab Gingerbread House image - I've never made one but have long intended to have a go - maybe next year image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845

Maiden, that is a real wreath, all garden!

Fairy your daughter is so talented! I have never made one either Dove but maybe if gd

comes next year we will try

Chicky please can I have some? OH newly diagnosed diabetic so given choice if either stolen or cake and he chose stolen.

Poddington, a professional would have a fit, there are no mechanics ! Branches are cut with long stems and woven thro, additional bits and pieces are wired in and then wee battery lights placed.  As long as it isn't touched it works!! ( and no damage to woodwork)

no door wreath this year as the weather so dreadful and we are high, wreath would end up in the other side of the country!

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne