Forum home Plants

Perhaps a Survey worth doing...

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,544

Mike - The questionnaire is seeking information from people whose gardens flood from time to time.  The first question asks whether your garden has been under water recently - if you answer 'No' then you are told that the rest of the questions are not relevant.  Quite straight forward and absolutely nothing to do with double-barrelled names nonsense or any other imagined prejudice image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,712

Even paying 300.00 a year for letters after your name doesn't guarantee you a place as a member of the RHS!

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• They didn't want my answers either!  Oh well!  Happy Christmas one and all !image

Seems there were not as many flooded gardens as first thought?

didn't want mine either

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..you need to answer 'yes' to the first question, so you can answer the rest... and obviously for it to be relevant,  you would need to have suffered some degree of flooding during the period in question Oct 13 - Mar 14...and for the same ground to dry out during summer... but there is the option for ''less than one week'', which covers quite temporary flooding... that could be for just a few hours even... which I would have thought might have brought more people into it..

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

It must be hard to phrase the questions to avoid any misunderstanding.

Not much of mine floods but enough to answer 'yes'

nut-cut-let (triple barrelled, more impressive than letters after name?) image

• Definitely has a certain cachet  Ms. N. C. Let image

And you could quite legitimately have some letters after your name too.....MGWF.....

no training needed AND completely free as well image

We could have some fun guessing certain persons letters after name.

• A sort of Christmas Quiz you mean ?  Could become rather rude I thinkimage

• Oooh Nut, do I qualify for a triple barrelled name too?.........STAR-GAZE-LILY image.......or  Ms S.G.LILY  I.M.O image.......now with letters too.