Forum home Tools and techniques

Wellies!

Hi all, I've had a pair of willies for around 25 years. They have been worn, not quite day in and day out, but not far off it and have finally started to fall apart. There is no marking on them to show the make so I was wondering which willies you would recommend (or not). The only down side to my existing ones is they are not very warm. Any suggestions for good winter willies?

Thanks!

• Did you mean willies or wellies, it made me smile

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 62,347

The perils of 'auto-correct' imageimageimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    Willies, you'll have to find your own!

When we were farming I always bought Noras. Quite expensive but completely smooth inside so they could be washed out. Those that wear them every day will know how good that is.
  • Riggar boots are good. They are nice and warm too with a steal plate in the sole for digging.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,926

Oh dear, I've got tears streaming down my face.imageimageimage. Not one willie but three.

Sorry. Sensible face on now Pansy.

I don't wear them. I find them cold. And slippery. I wear walking boots. Tiresome to take off and put on but then that in itself is an incentive not to go in and have a cup of coffee every five minutes.

Ah, rubber willies...........

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Sounds like past loves a rubber willie.
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283

I wouldn't buy Hard Core willies again, as mine split after not much use.

.....image

(In all seriousness my HC wellies really did split and now let in water, which makes my feet freeze, so I need a decent new pair for next year too!)

• Ha Ha Nice one Edd going to use that one image cracked me up that.

I personally use work safety boots, as they are quite comfortable waterproof and have a steel toe cap also padded ankle protection which helps while I use a spade or garden folk just gives me that added protection.

• EDD! image

Go sit on the naughty step!

• Much as I do like a firm willie, I would suggest a bit of filth, in the form of muckboots!