Forum home Talkback

thanks ,decided !

granmagranma Posts: 1,925

After such a lot of thought we have decided on granite worktops.  Think I will have to 're learn , to use and look after them though!image

Maybe use a lot of trays to protect them !image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,356

John Lewis sell lovely black slate place mats. we have a pair on either side of our range to protect the work surfaces .

Devon.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,356

Sainsbury's  do glass protectors with little rubbers "feet" for about £5 each.

Devon.
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

I don't do anything special to protect mine Gran, they look great still after 8 years, you'll get on just fine with them. image

• granmagranma Posts: 1,925

But gemma , you don't know me image ?

I'm the one who creeps upstairs trying to be quiet , then trips up - making enough noise to wake the nation image

By the sound of it  Hostafan has  me weighed up  hook line and sinker! image

But I think the bloke who came to do the  template  had started to weigh me up too  ,!!

His suggestion of bringing me the templates back as I was asking him bits about  the granite made me wonder if he had  met me before!!!! 

Have checked out the mats Hostafan they do quite a lot which appeal to me, so it won't stop at that , I'm going to wait for the sales , thank you  for the link.image 

Will post a photo when it's finished image

• granmagranma Posts: 1,925

Thanks love ,I'm getting there image

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Hi Gran - John Lewis have their sale signs up already - starts on 27 th Dec.

• Glad you're feeling more yourself cangran. x

Think Debenhams and Cargo Home shops do them too.

Look forward to pics.