Forum home The potting shed

Hey Good Looking.....

Hello Peeps, anyone slaving over a hot stove? Would love to know what you're cooking...I'm making a vat of butternut squash soup using some onions from the garden...here it is, yet to blend though.....going to whip up some tasty little mince pies later with my own twist on the filling. Yum yum, bubble gum!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,867

Just about to make a big pot of Irish Stew, with neck of lamb, carrots, onions, pearl barley etc, and some potatoes sliced on the top to go crispy.  We'll eat that tonight with some buttered Savoy cabbage and Clapshott image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,875

Carrot and leek soup with a bit of chilli for lunch.  Still pondering dinner which needs to be light but warming as the dogs need a long walk this pm after being cooped up yesterday during the wild, wet gales.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Just about to make a big pot of Irish Stew, with neck of lamb, carrots, onions, pearl barley etc, and some potatoes sliced on the top to go crispy.  We'll eat that tonight with some buttered Savoy cabbage and Clapshott image

Change of plan - dumplings have been requested, so potatoes will be in the stew rather than on the stew image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I could help out there Edd image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,242

Practising making nut roast recipes. Never made one before and some adjustments obviously necessary as the first two I tried looked like roadkillimage

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,036

I bought 2kg toprump and lots of winter root veg and made 9 litres of beef casserole - all for me!

Next on the list is a similar quantity of Malaysian chicken rempah - delish!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Runnybeak - Clapshot = (sorry, only one 't' image) mashed swedes and potatoes with butter and black pepper - traditional with haggis.

We're stuffed and on the sofa  and there's enough supper left for tomorrow  image

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,189

I've just got back from a hard days shopping and a lovely Indian curry at the local Bombay Balti image served up by the guy who has the allotment next to mine, I shall be asking for tips on how to make the best curries in town when next on the plot image  

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,253

Irish Stew in the name of the law!! image