on their way to garden near you!

• Waxwings are on the way!

• lynne24lynne24 Posts: 121

i have never seen either of these birds in my part of liverpool, but would love to, i to have plenty of blackbirds gaurding the food from other birds, the poor little dunnock doesnt stand a chance

• been for wind swept boggy walk on the common and yes! the starlings have arrived,all chatting in the trees.Hurry up Red Wings and field fares!

On another note I see in the paper birds have been infected with some kind of virus especially great tits.

• Caz WCaz W Posts: 1,353

Yes Rose, I saw that too.  Good hygeine around bird feeders seems the best thing we can all do (I know most of us here do this anyway).

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I get blue and great tits in the garden; but I haven't fed peanuts for many years ever since I heard that they can have a mould that causes the birds to die.

• I saw the thing about the new disease, which was referred to "avian pox". Can't think why they didn't call it "tit pox"! (Will this post be censored, thus proving my point?)

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

What alovely photo of a waxwing. I have never seen one either.. Finally saw a Mr & Mrs Blackbird hopping about and tossing the leaves this morning so perhaps they will come back.

I bought somr dried mealworms the other day never bought them before. Any Good?

Will put some out after a cup of tea.

• cowslip2cowslip2 Posts: 112

Artjac, Oh please start feeding the birds again. I am sure any mould only refers to peanuts which have been left in poor condition over a period of time. Freshly bought ones should be fine. I hope other bird lovers will agree with me!

• Too true,I have to change the food supply ever so often as they get mouldy.Sometimes the birds do not bother with the feeding stations as after the mad frenzy in summer they seem to take a break.image

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Seen a couple of Long-tialed Tits today. I love their antics but they didn't stay long. At least they have found the garden so hopefully they'll be back with their matsimage