Forum home Talkback

Grass still growing

Hi is anyone else still having to cut the grass mines still growing like mad.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,482

ditto, I was out cutting mine to-day and yesterday.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,567

I wish mine was dry enough to cut image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,482

Dove, yesterday was lovely: clear blue sky and no wind, to-day was still pretty sunny but with a chilly NE wind, then the drive belt snapped. image

Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,572

I have quite a lot that could do with a cut but I know the sort of mess that would cause.image

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

We were just saying on Sunday that ours could do with a late trim - alas its too wet.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,086

I cut ours just a few days ago and it has grown again but not any more this winter I think.

First snow last night.    

Should be gone by the weekend but not likely to get to grass growing temps again till March.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

As I write this my neighbour is cutting his grass.

I'm not going to be tempted to do mine though as I should be busy writing my 'foreign' Christmas cards (about 12) as tomorrow is the last posting day for them.image

• Mine definitely needs doing but it's way too wet underneath to do it. Although my neighbour across the road was cutting his!

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,270

Aren't you supposed to leave it a little longer over the winter though? Monty Don was saying about raising his lawnmower to maximum, that must have been October.