Daffodil bulbs

Hello folks, I apologise if this is a repeat "problem" but I've noticed most of my daffodil bulbs sprouting already, I only planted them about 6 weeks ago.  I know it's hardly a problem because they are growing but I'm concerned they won't do anything in spring.  I assume it's the mild autumn/winter confusing Mother Nature has anybody had this? 

Ta Mand 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,088

Hi Mand. they'll be OK. They'll flower when they're ready and you can't alter things.

Lots of bulbs are sprouting. A few people have reported early floweringimage

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Yes Mand620 it happening in my garden too. Don't worry the cold weather is just round the corner. It'll dramatically slow any growth, and they'll come back later, when the weather improves next spring.

• Aww thank you kind people, it's the first time I've planted bulbs.  I'm lucky enough to have a reasonably established garden, moving in 5 years ago, it's full of nice surprises.  I'll monitor the bulbs image 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,021

Daffs - in particular  - are pretty tough Mand. I have quite a lot of crocus poking through and also tulips and alliums. As the others have said, they'll slow down as it cools. Same thing happened last year as it was so mild.  You'll have a nice display in spring  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• You could always give them a long cold stare, or shout at them.image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,914

i've got flower buds on some.image

Morrisons  were selling British daffs last week.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3