Forum home The potting shed

deleting od posts

When I delete my posts from earlier years they don't disappear  .I am clicking in the box at the side then at the end of the page., am I doing this right?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,635

I've never tried - which box at the side image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,579

Are you talking about you private messages Gran, You cant delete posts from the forum. Only the mods can do that, I think?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Ah yes - think you've got it Lyn - Cangran means the PMs. 

Clicking in the box and then clicking delete should do it - but you probably need to leave that page and return, or maybe click on the refresh button to reload the page for it to take effect.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• granmagranma Posts: 1,879

Yes Lyn it's the PMs which I mean I can't delete  ,!image

Thanks Dove,

Daft sod that I am , should have realised I would have to leave the page for it to take effectimage same as when the pc is making changes!

It's true isn't it we are always  learning ?image me  figures mine is a real curvy curveimage

imageimage

Well said Edd image

Mike - don't fight tiredness to post - that's silly - go to bed and have a good night's sleep.  Wake early and refreshed in the morning. 

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.   I don't think the 'wealthy' is guaranteed tho' .... if so then I'm still waiting image

Mike, why dont you just shut up until you have something worthwhile to say.

This is Grans thread about deleating pm's whts its got to do with you posting about the police and home office, blimey! You havent been in the police force for donkeys years, then you were only a traffic cop. 

• An very offensive posting, Lyn.

I can't see anything offensive in lyns thread,  all she is pointing out is that as much as I can value Mike's advice  as I have everyone's on this forum,  he has  on this one maybe posted on the wrong thread and it don't fit in with what I have asked . 

Lyn has only said similar to Mike as others have , when they've been trying to help him. 

I can see both sides.

Feel free to have it deleted Jennifer, the mods do this very promptly, I had to report one of Mike Allens recently, very offensive, my OH thought it should go to the Police, fortunately it was deleted before he could!