Forum home The potting shed

Christmas lights in the garden

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,958

Driving home in the dusk yesterday evening I saw that a house down the road already has it's chains of twinkling lights strung along the shrubs and trees in the front garden - and it's still only November! 

They do look lovely - little white twinkles among the branches image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    I love Christmas Bling! Bring it on!
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Haven't seen any outdoor light yet but some homes have trees in the windows and things stuck on the windows. 

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,068

The house opposite me put theirs up two weeks ago!  I must admit they are very pretty and tastefully done though.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • We keep our lights up all year but only switch on when visitors come and when I am out after dark my husband turns them on .It's very welcoming to come around the corner and see them lighting up our dark path as we don't have street lights.

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 3,169

Two houses in neighbouring streets have had theirs up for a week already although they do like to go to town with the old light fest.

Anyhoo, I felt somewhat tardy and switched on the chicken fence lights this evening - on the most elegant twinkle/flash mode of courseimage

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Mine went up today! its so cosy! I'm one of the those people that will have the down on Boxing Day though! For your viewing pleasure here are a couple of pics....

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Lovely Tootles - you're getting me in the mood nowimage  Mine will have to wait a week or two yet as I'm going to clean the carpets firstimage

I have an artificial half tree that I put on the kitchen wall and when I am coming back from walking the dog on a dark morning the lights guide me back and give a lovely welcomeimage Just like yours do butterfly6

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,787

Don't think about decorations until I have been to Lincoln Chritmas market , next Thursday yo Sunday 

no longer put out lights anymore as we go and stay with relatives for about 2 weeks image

one  person in the Village had put up there lights , more to come and I do like themimage

Merry Christmas everybodyimage

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,541

I absolutely love Christmas lights image

Tootles your tree looks beautiful 

Cant wait to see who else has theirs up

Mine will be next weekend image

• KT53KT53 Posts: 5,426

I couldn't find our Crimbo lights last year so bought some new ones.  The day after I'd strung up all the new lights I found the old onesimage  Any suggestions as to how I can use 2 sets of lights one with 300 and the other with 240 bulbs?