Anemone wild swan

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348
Planted anemone wild swan earlier this year and it is now flowering. Blue behind and pure white flowers with yellow centre. Looks. Fantastic. It was the star of Chelsea in 2011. Anyone else growing this?

• I am about to purchase some.  Aren't they beautiful?

• jo4eyesjo4eyes Posts: 2,032

I love mine. Got it at Tatton show last year. Mine seems to flower earlier than other JAs & so far is well behaved ie no thug tendency, but wouldnt mind if it did! J.

• Gracie5Gracie5 Posts: 125

This Anemone looks gorgeous and will have to add it to my list of plants to buy. Always a nuisance but when a plant is new,  it's difficult to find in garden centres. Anyone know where I can buy it? 

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    a quick google search came up with quite a few suppliers, crocus, Thompson & morgan....but it ain't cheap IMHO!
  • I've ordered mine from Hayloft Plants - 3 for £18.50 or 5 for £24.00.  These will be supplied as young plants from July 2013 - can't wait.

• JIMMMYJIMMMY Posts: 238

Got mine from T&M, they were finally delivered mid Sept after many broken promises to deliver first before the end of May and then every month onwards.

They were rubbish plants with dead looking brown roots (they also had had rough treatment in transit) but T&M did not want to know, typical!

With a lot of TLC they now look as they have survived, as each plant has the inkling of a new green leaf on each one,hopefully they will grow on to be proper plants, no thanks to T&M or the Post !

• JIMMMYJIMMMY Posts: 238

Hi Verdun,

Thanks,I have now learned my lesson the hard way, I foolishly ordered some more plants from them,amongst them anemone Queen Charlotte, they were £14.99 for three giant plugs plus a fiver postage.

When they arrived they were each a single stalk with a few more dead than alive leaves on them in miserable little plugs covered in moss, only fit for the compost bin!

T&M said all their plants were hand picked and were sorry I was disappointed so they refunded me my £14.99.

To crown it all I say the anemones QC in the local garden centre in 2lts pots for £7.99 each, plants you would be proud to own.

This is not the first time I have received total rubbish from T&M but never again, how they survive I do not know!

Cheers for the info!