Forum home Talkback

Crikey! Who pressed the freeeeezing button?

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,391

Last 24h in my garden from the wireless weather station:

Last of the dahlias now turned black. image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,124

Looks like a proper frost tommrow ? 

Such a lovely sun day today , bet it is going to be cold at the allottment tommrow , have to have a little fire while I have my lunch up there image

Dahlias black weeks a go image

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

GWRS your day ahead sounds lovely. I'm just getting ready to jump on the 7am train to work....booooo. No allotments or fires from my desk....and lunch will be an overpriced sarnie and a Luke warm 'paper' cup of tea (we aren't allowed kettles or ceramics because of health and safety!! Yep, we can't be trusted with either apparently!!).

Not as chilly as I'd thought here today though....from the outside looking in! Bet it's cold when I open that front door (in a health and safety compliant manner of course!)!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,099

Freezing fog and ice here in Norfolk this morning.  Temp in back garden down to 0C but much lower in front garden. 

I've just heard from son that it's 4C and dry and fine down in Suffolk image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

It was white and crispy here in Essex at 11.00 pm and getting misty, but got up this morning to cloudy and milder.

Hello , really good frost hear in Lincolnshire , still popping to the allottment thou , change of jobs as the soil could be frozen ?

glad had a lie in image

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

Freezing when I retired at 11.30pm, wet when I arose at 6.30am.  And a grey day ahead by the look of things. 

Good frost and freezing fog , cleared about 12-00 as I went up to the allottment

Soil still soft , turned out to be a nice day , gets dark so quickly left just before 4-00image

• Reply to Tootles: 'Cat ice'* is really thin stuff that you get on very shallow puddles, dampish mud and suchlike. It'll bear the tentative weight of a cat, but nothing heavier....!!

*A West Midlands term, maybe there's a different phraseology in NE Midlands (Notts)??

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Not in Scotland Rb, when we get ice it's dog iceimage