Forum home Talkback

Crikey! Who pressed the freeeeezing button?

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

They got it wrong yet again.  Hard frost, porridge morning here but the sun is definitely a'cummin in and glinting on the hedgerows.  When I went out late with the dog I could feel the temperature had dropped so I'm not really surprised. The cars all have well frosted windows.  I can see a boy headibg for the school bus, he's making patterns with his feet in the frozen grassimage

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

Same here in Essex, noticed before I went to bed the cloud had cleared after the rain and the temperature was dropping fast. Amazing patterns on the cars this morning! Sun is up so I can get on with a bit of weeding today image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,099

In Norfolk we've a sharp frost at the front of the house - the car windscreen is frozen and there's ice on the puddles; we're near the bottom of  a slight valley so the cold air rushes down and forms a frost hollow at the front. 

At the back, the gardens are terraced with big fences which seems to stop the cold air rushing down into the back gardens so it has to get much colder before the back garden is frosted.  Only 1.7C in the back garden overnight.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• first frost of the year on Teesside, on the 24th of November! this is getting silly now.

Hope the winter doesn't try and make up for lost time now and really freeze us up!

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,265

first ground frost of the season here in North Devon. On a plus side there's the most beautiful clear blue sky, and, best of all, I've got 3 days off work to get out into the garden.

Devon.
  • When I walked to work at half 6 this morning it was very chilly and the frost made the paths rather slippy! Hope it's not too slippy again on Sunday when I'l be leaving at 5:30am this time! 

• Coastal S W Pembs had a 'cat ice' frost here this morning, then basking under clear skies all day. Heavy cloud moving in from SW this evening, so I doubt we'll have a repeat??

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

What's cat ice david? 

Chilly again in Notts.  An extra blanket on the bed tonight for sure!

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

It's already dropped to freezing here in Dorset but the sky was clouding over. I could only see half the stars though with a wide sky that was still quite a few.

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

They are forecasting just above freezing here in Essex. Been out and the sky is clear and temperatures are dropping fast, so have to wait and see in the morning if it does cloud over, or if we get another visit from Jack.