Forum home Garden design

New planting for front garden wall

2»

• helgajoneshelgajones Posts: 3

Hi there! I have read your post and I can suggest that a nice touch of some flowers would make your garden more beautiful and attractive. Some small statues on the side can also help. Have a nice day and happy gardening!

• wee bizzemwee bizzem Posts: 19

I certainly meant to put in one or two of those White Fairy roses someone suggested, but I don't seem to have got round to it. We do have flowers in the side beds, this is just the wall. I will give it time, I think. Thanks for the suggestions.

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 5,678

It looks tidy, but a little sterile. I'm obsessed with Geranium 'Rozanne' at the moment, so I would suggest that to give it some interest. Such a long flowering beautiful plant. (G. 'Azure Rush' is a similar one that seems to be in all the garden centres at the moment). Would be a nice colour contrast with the Euphorbias, I'd weave several between them.

"What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbour". 
  • wee bizzemwee bizzem Posts: 19

Yes, I know it looks sterile but it's new and I'm not rushing it. As I said, I don't want to use blue, but there are other coloured geraniums of course.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,739

If you fancy a brighter geranium -  Anne Folkard is a deep magenta with a black centre and brighter, slightly yellowy foliage. It spreads quickly so it would fill a few gaps if you wanted some extra cover. I used it with Euphorbias and Sedums (Iceplants)  a few years ago in  a previous garden image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...