Forum home The potting shed

Electric Propogater

Can anyone help me my wife got me an electric propogater and i have sown sweet peas in it i was a bit late in sowing them as pkt said oct and i have sown them 1st week nov i have never used one before and most have germinated and growning away quite happily they started sprouting last wed my question is this how long do i leave them in there before i transport them to the green house to grow on in cooler conditions do i wait for them to grow true leaves or can move them now.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I wouldn't have put them in there.

I'd have them out on germination before they get all soft and leggyimage

David K will know the best route forward

• WillsWills Posts: 262

i wasint  sure if i had put them in the green house if they would germinate as the green house isint heated and i thought if i had put them in the propogater then they would have a better chance of germinating i havent grown them before so wasint sure how they would do image thought they mite go the same way as my fox gloves... down the pan image

I can't find David K's sweetpea thread, can someone dig it up for Wills?image

its okay i have found it image ta nutcutlet David makes intresting reading image

why arent you watching x factor image

What's x factor?

Ha Ha i cant swear you are taking the PimageE.

I don't watch TV Wills, hate it. Occasional GW on iplayer so I can't fast-forward the boring bitsimage

ooops sorry most girls love x factor image i am not as bad as you i like tv when i get the chance to sit down and watch some which is not very often as i am the resident chauffer dog walker cat sitter and when i get the chance gardener am i complaining Never HA HA image