Forum home Talkback

Garden related art work

Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

Hi all

I recently saw LesleyK's beautiful picture of a mauve fuchsia on the camera thread and was inspired to paint it. I loved the unusual camera angle from below which showed off the flower so well against the simple background of the sky. I asked Lesley if it was OK to use her photo and this is the result. It's about 10" x 12" and done with acrylic paints.

I hope it comes up OK on the forum, the one I messaged to Lesley was compressed into a square and looked very odd!

• Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

Anyone else inspired to paint or draw from things that you see in your garden?

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,544

Oh daryl what a beautiful painting, it is just as gorgeous as lesleys original photograph

Thank you for sharing image

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 19,209

Happy Marion had the same idea in 2013, here is a link to her thread  http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/painting-what-youve-grown/82877.html  in case you'd like a look.

Lovely painting Daryl. I used to paint flowers from my garden but then I needed glasses and somehow I don't seem to have time anymore. I sent a painting to Marion's thread.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

Oh, thanks for that BusyLizzie. I'll go and have a look. Maybe I'll add mine to that thread to keep it all together.

Maybe you could get round the glasses problem by going for 'impressionist' style. Monet was practically blind at the end of his painting life image