Forum home The potting shed

new job

2»

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,540

Congratulations Danny, look forward to hearing how it all goes, so pleased for you and well jel you have my dream job image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,099

Terrific news. A great new start for you now and hopefully lots of better things to come image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,988

Well done Danny, good luck for the future.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,630

Great news Danny boy ,may i tell u something,it seems the G/C quite often seem to have people doing many different jobs and almost always in a hurry they have so much to do,perhaps you might try to make sure calls coming in are followed right through as our local 2 G/C often didn't  get back to me with an answer a call  or an email so i went elsewhere which is a shame as i like to know the people who im dealing with so i get through to them what im after, the last was for 4 fruit trees ,Question!  "are these 4 fruit trees together pollinating each other",5 days no answer ,so i got the answer from here,and downloaded a chart, I then found a young lady who works there a real grafter so i always deal with her and Presto great service, now without pressure as soon as she sees me its R U OK or do you need some help Alan yes even to my name, now that cant happen for everybody as they dont all live locally but my calls are now always answered and that can save me a visit sometimes. Now i use my local G/C with trust that im getting good advice and plants etc. i even get emails about end of season sales, good luck matey.image sunny erein Muns

• Thanks Alan

That is a great example of the kind of service you get in some GC.

That will not be the case in the one I am working in.

I will be working with suppliers so information for all plants will be available.

• gab82gab82 Posts: 73
    How's everything going Danny boy 10. What does your job involve as a planteria supervisor?
  • granmagranma Posts: 1,879

What a lovely job Dannyboy   , working with plants in a G. C.  is a lovely alternative   to your own garden .  Your going to make many people happy. , Hope you can post some pictures.

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

I'm soooo jealous! Hope it's going well Dannyboy!

• hope the new job does it for you Danny boy.good luck. LIVE LONG AND SMILE OFTENimage