Forum home The potting shed

Not gardening but a computer question

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Many thanks everyone for the info' and help image Today might be a day for looking and trying before making a purchase.

• When I bought my new laptop a few weeks ago it came with Windows 8.1, but the chap at the shop set it up so that it looks more like the Windows edition I was used to and it's been fine.  image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Peat BPeat B Posts: 441

I have been a sort of reluctant user of Windows for too many years now. If I had the money, I think I would definitely go for an Apple Mac. It has so many recommendations and faultless performance. I think if your heart can take the shock of the price, you can save yourself a load of trouble in the  future. It's all a matter of deciding whether you can invest now, and then remember that you are saving for the years ahead, trouble free and as has been said, no more Norton this, AVG that, fragging, fracking, flamboozling & etc, you're on the road to computer recovery.  Good luck !  

• I'm not going to belabour the point as we all have our preferences but in benchmark tests, Apple machines always score highly and they have the virtue that they don't start slowing down immediately after the first day like a windows machine does.

In the end, horses for courses!

• Mike makes a very valid point, no matter what machine you use or what operating system - back everything that you value up, in more than one drive and ideally keep those drives in different locations!

• I have a Mac Book Air...I wouldn't be without it...I would never EVER go back to microsoft...yes, expensive, but SO worth it...Never had a glitch on this...Steve Jobs worked so hard to make it easy to use...I don't even run an anti virus on this..no need to...image

• ...Sorry...Hello, Im new around here...love this site!image