Forum home Garden design

work in progress

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,771
    Well done on all the recycling Baz. A lot of work but well worth it in the end.😊
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • ValleysgirlValleysgirl Wales Posts: 151
    I do enjoy catching up with your allotment, you two have done wonders. Our garden is on a slope in the Welsh valleys and it's been our saviour in many ways. They say you can do housework ! But at least with Gardening you've got something to show for it.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 889
    Hazel here @baza, where do you find your energy!? Can I some please lol!? That shed extension is really clever, made out of your recycle able items, I’m very impressed. It looks really good and water tight and makes a wonderful added space for your plants etc or just for sitting in on cooler days. Well done.
    We've been busy this last year doing our ( new) back garden after moving house. It was a barren small patch, with a weigela and buddleia in it, the rest was bark, grass  and gravel. We have created borders, put a shed and greenhouse in, sowed seeds via an old cloche and cold frame, filled the garden with glorious flowers and we’ve been so glad of it during lockdown. Our little sanctuary, it’s only small but we love it, ( by the look of it, ) as much as you love your allotment. It’s buzzing with life.
  • bazabaza Posts: 654
    edited 19 June
    Thanks Everyone for your great comments and Hazel me and Helen have been to our allotment every day for nearly 10 weeks during our furlough and its never looked better. Glad you've got your garden looking great👌👍it's the place to be at this strange time
    And valleygirl its definitely my saviour as I unfortunately had to have another operation yesterday ,  I'm hoping the big "C" hasn't come back but now I'll be our garden area in the allotment to recover 
    Thanks again 
    Baz n Hels 
    Here is the garden area and allotment.  Everything is growing great 

All the are coming into bloom

The veg garden is rammed and looking great thanks to this rainy June but could do with the sun coming back now😁

Dare I say it but we could have a good crop of cauliflowers this year🤞🙏

The rain has given our potatoes just what they needed

Swedes are selling up

And finally my traditional sunflowers are doing great . Before I planted them I mixed a load of compost and chicken manure pellets into the border and I'm hoping they'll be massive this year
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 889
    Doesn’t it look lovely and lush green @baza now? Remarkable, I think you should video your allotment for Gardeners World at what can be achieved with pallets, let alone anything else! I am so sorry to hear you’ve had to have another operation, Ill be keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you🤞You and Helen have worked wonders. 
    I, too, have grown some sunflowers this year again, I do every year, and like you, I’ve added enriched topsoil and manure to the soil. What a difference it’s made, everything is growing so well, tall and sturdy, and some shrubs have got their first flowers for us now.
    Keep up the good work.
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,771
    edited 20 June
    Everything looks great Baz, those veg look delicious,I bet you get a good crop of spuds too!  Its nice to have a pretty area to sit,I take it Hels does that?
    Great idea to do a video for Gardeners World. Pallets are so useful.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
    Hello Everyone 
    I'm starting to feel myself again after the latest operation it's the anesthetic that knacks me . Anyway shed extension update I've finally got  some cladding to finish the sides off so all I need now is another window and rip some wood to fill the gaps of the pallets in. Give it another coat of paint and jobs a goodn 

Went on quite easy

Needs another coat but its looking the part

Thanks
    Baz n Hels 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,558
    Glad to hear you're feeling brighter Baz. Another one here who thinks you should do a video for Gardeners' World. Your allotment deserves a wider audience. 
    How is Hels with a video camera ?  :)
    edited 28 June
    Hello Everyone 
    Shed extension update . Put the 2nd window in and finished it off with cladding and gave it a lick of paint. Also inside I made 2 window sills out of scrap cladding and it looks great.
    . 😁
    Thanks for asking me to do a video for gardeners world.  I'll give it some serious thought 🤔

I've got some finishing touches to do which I'll try and get done this week.
    And the garden is looking great 

Thanks 
    Baz n Hels