Forum home Garden design

work in progress

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,330
    I admire your optimism Baz, but l will try !
  • bazabaza Posts: 651
    Hello Everyone 
    2020 growing season is underway at the garden . 
    We've potted 60 red onions and 60 white onions .
    Also set the sweet peas away.
    40 black knight
    40 night and day
    40 mammoth scarlet. 
    I'll get another one this week as we love the sweet pea smell
    Potted some melons which we brought down to the house and next week we'll do the same with the tomatoes and cucumbers. I found when we did it last year the germinated better.

Sweet peas 

Onions

Apple tree is about 3ft now

Birds have at last found the bird table😁. Also got the rotavator out the other week as weeds were still growing. I'll do it again in March or April.
    Thanks 
    Baz n Hels
  • pclark42pclark42 Frolesworth, EnglandPosts: 68
    Wow I love all you have been doing, I moved into a house with a very long garden, and very neglected, I have never had a house with a garden big enough to grow veg or fruit, I'm going crazy at the thought, I have just purchased a 6' x 6' greenhouse, it's in the living room in boxes, because where it's going I have been building a fence (can't move fast enough) yesterday I bought 2 apple root grafts and a victoria Plumb, I think I might have to come for advise on veg at some point.
    Hi pclark42 I'll try and help you anytime. One thing I'd do now if you can is once your fence is up I'd crack on getting your greenhouse as you'll need in march as that's the month a lot of people including me sow a lot of veg seeds. 
    Thanks for taking time out to look our post.

Hello Everyone 
    Been busy today sowing seeds .
    Beetroot,  colis,  cabbage,  Swede, spring onions , kohl rabi red and white,  sprouts , broccoli cucumber and lettuce. 
    Next week the flowers and parsnip and carrots .
    Hopefully we'll still have a greenhouse standing after this storm passes through.

Harvey on patrol 

Getting the soil ready

And finally a new bird box up for the blue tits 
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 6,454
    Very impressive work. I feel rather pathetic struggling with my little raised beds. Congratulations on how much you have achieved. I hope the health situ is resolving.
    Thankyou Fire London. It's great to start getting our hands dirty again and sowing seeds . 
    As for the health issue I start my treatment again in March which does knock me for 6 so the more I get done now the better.
    Thanks again 
    Baz n Hels 
    Hello Everyone 
    Love it when your seeds start to germinate. 

I'll pop up tomorrow after work to see how many more have popped up
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels
    Busy morning at the allotment all the flowers are sowed only thing left is to plant the carrots and parsnips directly into the soil but it's just to wet at the moment. Sorted out a couple of repairs but on having a look around the wind has caused damage to the fences so that's new posts to be put in🙈. Flowers this year are petunias for hanging baskets and borders. Deep red , black and deep purple pansies, busy Lizzies and mesembryanthanum all for borders. Corn flower blue , lavatera's marigolds, dhalias, 24 sunflowers , loads of sweet peas scarlet red midnight black and white ones. Hopefully everything will look the part once in the ground 🤞

All the veg has come through what we sowed a couple of weeks ago so we are happy with that. 
    Thanks 
    Baz n Hels 
    Busy day at the allotment today . Repaired one fence that has been damaged due to storm . Having a tidy up as we seem to have more rotten or scrap wood lying around so I'll be having a bonfire at the weekend. Oh and made a compost area.

I think it looks ok . I've just got plastic bags to fasten to the sides and make a gate then it's done.  Not bad for scrap wood and pallets 
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels