Forum home Garden design

work in progress

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,540
    I missed your thread for a bit, had a good catch up. How it's all changed and grown since you first posted on here!

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson.

Your allotment is wonderful, you are an inspiration. The flowers are beautiful.

Good luck with your treatment, you always sound so cheerful despite what you've had to go through.
    All the best to the pair of you.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • bazabaza Posts: 651
    Thanks Valley Gardener and Busy Lizzie little Arthur is doing great and he will be helping me and Hels at the garden when he gets bigger 😁😁
    We are already planning for next year so here's hoping the flowers will be just as nice as they were this year.
     I've got my check up end of October so 🤞🙏 itll be clear again
    Thanks again 
    Baz n Hels 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,335
    I've just caught up with this - many congratulations on the birth of your grandson, what a lovely photo :) 
    I'm sure Arthur will enjoy helping on the allotment in years to come, maybe having his own
    little section to challenge Grandma and Grandad !
    Good luck with your check up.
    Anni x

Hello Everyone 
    Heres wishing you all a Happy New Year .
    Been up the garden a couple of times over Christmas just mainly to get sprouts.  We grew some red sprouts this year which turned out to be just a nice as the green ones so it was a good result. 
    So here is a summary of what we grew this year 
    Potatoes mixed results , Maris pipers weren't that good to many small ones but the ones we had in the cupboard in the house were a decent size so we were happy with them.
    Sweetcorn fantastic 
    Beetroot average 
    Strawberries fantastic 
    Onions red and white fantastic 
    Cabbages good
    Sprouts good
    Broccoli bolted 
    Cauliflower bolted
    Swedes fantastic 
    Leeks good
    Spring onions fantastic
    Kohlrabi fantastic 
    Garlic average 
    Pumpkins fantastic 
    Carrots average
    Parsnip didnt grow
    Peas fantastic until crows ate them all😡
    Tomatoes fantastic 
    Cucumbers fantastic 
    Melon good
    Apple tree growing from seed is about 2 foot now 
    Flowers all were fantastic 
    All in all we've had a great year growing and looking forward to 2020 already 

Lovely winter morning

Irises growing nicely 

Some highlights of 2019s flowers and produce 
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,540
    Happy New Year Baz and Hels. May your veg grow as well, if not better, this year.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Hello again Busy-lizzie thanks and same to you. I've just replied to you on the potatoe thread 😁
    Happy New Year Everyone 🎉😁
    Been up to the allotment this morning and made a bird table just for the stand to make. What do yous think.

Just used wood I had in the the shed and I had a little bit country brown paint left so used that. So its cost nothing to make and I'm very happy with it.
    I'll get the stand made at the weekend as I'm back to work tomorrow so I'll show you the finished product at the weekend.
    Thanks 
    Baz n Hels 
    Finished the bird table.
    Looks the part. 

Also got the rotavator out to work all the leaves off the basics and old compost off the hanging baskets and tomatoes into the ground. Then I'll do it again back end of March early April with chicken manure pellets and fish blood and bone.
    Thanks 
    Baz n Hels 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,335
    Like the bird table @baza, nice job. I plan to show those photos to my OH as a not very subtle hint ! 
    Thanks AnniD tell OH it's easy to make and he'll do it in no time