work in progress

• Janet  2Janet 2 Posts: 114
    Looks really good,well done!! This is the year I'm going to sort my front garden out. Reckon I'm going to go with lawn and borders round it
  • BizzieBBizzieB Posts: 885

Great work on the allotment baza  image followed with interest and impressed by your hard work. Know what you mean about wanting to get going with seeds and plants, my plot is three months old  now,  prepared and manured and ready. Shed and pathways planned -  but it's a very wet site at the moment.

See you have grass paths, will you lift the grass for bark or just keep strimming the grass?

• BizzieBBizzieB Posts: 885

Hello Janet2,  sounds like a good project, look forward to before and after photos image 

• bazabaza Posts: 606

Thanks Janet i'm sure your front garden will be mintimage .I'm  looking forward to spring as i've planted daffodills and tulips round the borders of my garden area so i think it'll brighten the garden up a lot. I'll post some photo's of how they are growing which shouldn't be long as they peeping through already.

Thanks

Baz

Thanks BizzieB it's great to know that a lot of people have taken interest in my allotment which has taken me and wife by supprise.

Mine is also wet at the moment but i've ben told off my neighbours it'll do the garden good come spring when everyone starts planting.

As for the grass paths i'll be trimming it when the mower but wouldn't mind some flag stones down to make a couple of nice paths in the future.

There's not much to do at the moment but i've put a couple of bird feeders and nest boxes up and i've seen a couple of bluetits checking them out and scrapping with the robins over the feeder which is a sight he he.

Thanks

Baz

Hello Gardengirl

The answer to your previous question "are you gonna make anything out of pallets"

Yes... My oldest daughter wants some flower boxes made for her garden so i've started making them .

I'll put a photo on when they are done

Thanks

Baz

• Wow, Baza and Mrs Baza - what a fantastic plot!! I'm so glad you suggested I look at your thread to see how your patch has evolved. Love the pallet recycling - I ordered 20 pallets from a guy who wants to get rid of a load, so that I can make a series of compost heaps in my field. Looks like I might want some more pallets... Keep up the inspiring work, and please keep photo'ing the results for us!

Thanks Fieldtamer i'm like you got my greenhouse given, got the sheds given .Basically everything i got, i got for nothing or made myself out of pallets then just painted it all the same colour and it looks the part.

It can be hard work at times but if you enjoy doing it you'll not mind.Just don't overdo it few hours on a weekend ,hour or 2 on a summer night and next thing you know you'll have cracked it

Goodluck

Baz and Mrs Baz(Helen) she liked that he he

Getting ready for spring.

• Great pics Baza you have been doing digging, like the green large bins, looks nice and ready for spring 

Looks like the fence need sorting on the left must been all those big wind storms we kept having  

Hampshire Gardener