work in progress

• bazabaza Posts: 606
    Here is the blackbird I was on about earlier

Thanks Gardengirl 
    Thanks 
    Baz
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,961
    Brilliant such nice to see birds nesting great video I really like black birds thanks
    Hampshire Gardener
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,375
    Baza, really enjoyed the wee blackbird going into his nest, lucky you! Can’t believe how fast some of your seedlings are growing. Your sunflowers put mine to shame big time! They’re twice as big as mine! I have a large cloche full of seedlings, plants, dahlias, geraniums , hanging baskets, sunflowers, small acer tree and sweet peas as we don’t have a greenhouse in our new house. It’s so full it’s a struggle to reach some to water them lol! Could do with your greenhouse lol! don’t be overdoing things, take it steadily and easily but looking really good so far.
    North East
    Glad yous like the video.
    Hazel I've had to plant out 20 odd sunflowers already as they were getting really big and they are doing great.  We'll be planting out the sweet peas tomorrow and while I'm doing that Hels is potting on some of the flowers as we will need the space in the greenhouses. 
    On a personal note I've just had another check up at the hospital and its great news another "all clear" which me and Hels are over the moon with. 
    Don't worry Hels keeps me a watch on me so I can't over do things 😁
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels 
    Hello Everyone 
    Just a quick update 
    Everything is growing great here are some photos for you to look at 
    We tried this last year with the tomatoes cucumbers and chillies . Had the buckets with holes in the bottom sitting in water and the results were great.  No brown spot on the tomatoes as they got a constant supply of water . Whereas the previous years we either under watered or over watered and got brown spot on a lot of fruit. So this worked a treat.

And finally 

The first potatoes yessssss

Thanks

Baz n Hels 
    Hello Everyone 
    Been busy up the garden today . I built a what was gonna be a leek trench but I'm using it for lettuce . After spending a couple of hours filling it up with a mixture of compost,  soil and fish blood and bone mixed in . It looks the part

Thanks
    Baz n Hels
    edited 12 May
    Hello Everyone 
    It's been great to see the garden looking a lot better . Still got some painting to do but I'll do that as the summer rolls on.
    Everything is growing great we have 40 out of the 110 potatoes we planted popping up .All the veg is out except the sweetcorn which we'll plant out near the end of the month.  We have already harvested the radishes which grew really quickly. 
    The flowers on the other are now just starting to get bigger . We have planted out 35 sunflowers and a load of sweet peas so we should have a great display this year
    Here are some photos 

And finally look at this 

Hundreds of baby spiders . Tiny little yellow ones
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels 
    I took a short video of the baby spiders .

• Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,375
    Hi Baza
    Dont know where you find the energy or time to do all that building, sowing, digging, planting and so on! It all looks grand. the seedlings are looking really healthy too. The veggies seem to be doing well although I’m no expert having never attempted growing them myself. We’re more flower lovers than vegetables. I see you have planted out your sunflowers! I dared to plant out two of mine in the ground last week,  but they aren’t doing very well at all. The ones in the cloche are faring much better and look healthier too. May give them until the end of the month and then take them outside.
    Keep up the good work, hope Hels reigns you in if you’re overdoing it lol!😁
    North East
    Hi Hazel
    Yes I do a lot more now as my strength is coming back but know when to take a breather or when hels tells me too he he.
    This weekend weather permitting we will plant out the sweetcorn as it's big enough now . 
    We have a load of flowers this year but we aren't sure where to put them just yet . I think this summer itll be trial and error . I'll post photos of where we put them and how it looks but it should be full of colour.
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels