Forum home Garden design

work in progress

• bazabaza Posts: 651
    edited April 2019
    And some more

I was hoping some potatoes would be starting to peak through but none yet

It's a shame I can't upload a video as we have a blackbird nesting a the side of the greenhouse and I've have him flying from the top of the greenhouse going into their nest
    Thanks 
    Baz n Hels 
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,043
    You can upload videos if you upload to youtube channel then the videos can have a link and be loaded up on here
    Your gh look amazing all those little seedlings so exciting, that is the only problem with couch grass lots of digging out as does like to spread
    I have a few seedlings in my plastic gh have started my sweetpea seeds the other day so soaked some and not others just waiting for any to show - my celery seeds are up
    Hampshire Gardener
    Hi Gardengirl 
    You've no idea how much of it I've dug up , I think its gonna be a never ending battle with it.
    I'll give the YouTube thing a go .
    Thanks 
    Baz
    Here is the blackbird I was on about earlier

Thanks Gardengirl 
    Thanks 
    Baz
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,043
    Brilliant such nice to see birds nesting great video I really like black birds thanks
    Hampshire Gardener
    Glad yous like the video.
    Hazel I've had to plant out 20 odd sunflowers already as they were getting really big and they are doing great.  We'll be planting out the sweet peas tomorrow and while I'm doing that Hels is potting on some of the flowers as we will need the space in the greenhouses. 
    On a personal note I've just had another check up at the hospital and its great news another "all clear" which me and Hels are over the moon with. 
    Don't worry Hels keeps me a watch on me so I can't over do things 😁
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels 
    Hello Everyone 
    Just a quick update 
    Everything is growing great here are some photos for you to look at 
    We tried this last year with the tomatoes cucumbers and chillies . Had the buckets with holes in the bottom sitting in water and the results were great.  No brown spot on the tomatoes as they got a constant supply of water . Whereas the previous years we either under watered or over watered and got brown spot on a lot of fruit. So this worked a treat.

And finally 

The first potatoes yessssss

Thanks

Baz n Hels 
    Hello Everyone 
    Been busy up the garden today . I built a what was gonna be a leek trench but I'm using it for lettuce . After spending a couple of hours filling it up with a mixture of compost,  soil and fish blood and bone mixed in . It looks the part

Thanks
    Baz n Hels
    edited May 2019
    Hello Everyone 
    It's been great to see the garden looking a lot better . Still got some painting to do but I'll do that as the summer rolls on.
    Everything is growing great we have 40 out of the 110 potatoes we planted popping up .All the veg is out except the sweetcorn which we'll plant out near the end of the month.  We have already harvested the radishes which grew really quickly. 
    The flowers on the other are now just starting to get bigger . We have planted out 35 sunflowers and a load of sweet peas so we should have a great display this year
    Here are some photos 

And finally look at this 

Hundreds of baby spiders . Tiny little yellow ones
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels 
    I took a short video of the baby spiders .