work in progress

• bazabaza Posts: 606
    Hi Hazel I used the sunflower seeds off last year's plants most have come through and growing well apart from the black sunflowers no idea why .
    I try not to overdo things but by the time I get done I've probably overdone it if that makes sense . Cancer has took more out of me than I realised but hopefully in time I'll get my strength back
    Thanks 
    Baz
    Amazing what a little change in temperature does 

Got to be honest I thought we were gonna lose a lot of the veg as its been that cold but they have grown more leaves especially the cabbages so we are really pleased. 
    Sunflowers have practically doubled in size 
    Carrots have germinated and at last cucumbers have popped through yesssa
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels 
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,152
    A little bit of heat can really bring things on. I was worried about the recent low night temperatures but have found stuff germinated in the GH have faired really well. 

I've stuff at home too but it's still to cold to bring them down to the plot.    

When do you plan to plant things out. 
    Hi Zoomer44 I'll be planting out all the onions , peas and radishes this weekend the rest will be in May unless the warm weather we are expecting this weekend stays for a while and might bring the rest on quicker. Apart from the sunflowers and sweet pea flowers all my other flowers are really struggling at the moment just hope they catch up with the warm weather aswell 
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels 
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,391
    edited 16 April
    Baza, it’s good to hear you have recovered after your illness and yes, I can well imagine it takes the stuffing out of you. Don’t overdo things though but by the looks of all your little seedlings that you’ve been flying there lol! 
    I bought a bucket of sweet peas today in the hope that they will look like the picture and get no bigger than the top of the bucket!? Doubt it with sweet-peas😂
    North East
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,962
    Baza with your sweetpeas do you soak before sowing them? my seeds started germinating in plastic gh
    Hampshire Gardener
    Thanks Hazel yes recovery is going well fingers crossed it stays that way. As for the sweet Peas I'm sure they will fly away and you will get loads of flowers
    Thanks 
    Baz n Hels 
    Hi Gardengirl no I don't soak them just pop 4 or 5 in a deepish pot and let them do there thing . Now that you have mentioned it Hels is gonna soak a few next year to see if there's any difference in germination so the experiment is on he he
    Thanks Baz n Hels 
    Hello Everyone 
    Hope yous are enjoying the Easter weather like we are . Been planting today . Onions planted , radishes planted and peas planted.  Everything in the greenhouse is coming along great. 

I think the sunflowers are gonna be big ones this year 

Trying kohlrabi this year.  We'll see how it goes
    Some of the photos I took today wont upload its saying file is too big resize it . Urm no can do I'm not that clever he he
    Thanks
    Baz n Hels