Forum home Talkback

Kniphofia`

hi all,

i have 3 large pots of 

Kniphofia

can anybody tell me when i can repot this please.  they are in desperate need of repotting.

maggie

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,198

Never grown them in pots either but perhaps it would be worth splitting them up to keep them rejuvenated if they're a bit congested. That would be best in spring I'd think. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thank you all for your help spring it is then. Cannot grow in the ground as we live at the bottom of a field so most of the winter when it rains our garden is water logged hence why they are in pots.????

• i don`t suppose anybody knows of any unusual red hot pokers or day lilies do they.  i want to surprise hubby with something unusual for the garden.image

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,125

Mine are in the ground, but I did have one that sprouted next to some stone steps and I dug it out to make a deck, and potted up the plants. I got at least 20. I left them in their pots and they stay outside all year round until I find somewhere to plant them or give away.

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

Kniphofia northiae is unusual and evergreen Maggie. It is also suitable to a large pot. image

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..if you want an unusual Daylily (Hemerocallis), then you might like to look at this site.... they have an incredible selection.... I've ordered one called 'Radiation Biohazard', which at £16.00 per plant, is sure to set me alight....

...there are lots of others, much cheaper...lol...

http://www.polliesdaylilies.co.uk/catalogue_Q_Z.asp