Forum home The potting shed

Favourite garden task?

I was thinking about this while I was at the allotmemt earlier- of all the jobs I have to do there, second to harvesting (of course!) I think that hoeing is probably my favourite job- it's easy and instantly rewarding image and of course it's a bonus that it's such a quick task and I don't ache afterwards lol

What are your favourite gardening jobs? 

• NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,808

Using my Chillington Hoe to destroy lumps of grass paths  image

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Digging up dandelions. Sorry Fruitcake I tell lies. image 

Not exactly gardening but I find scraping weeds & moss from block pathing therapeutic image

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..ordering roses....admiring roses... planting roses....pruning roses... and picking roses.... in that order I suppose....

...and currently wondering why I get this yellow tea pot with a spout pouring water on some posts.... I have it here hovering between fruitcake's and newboy's posts above...   no I'm not on drugs...

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 3,368

Definitely deadheading, but mulching and potting on are a close second- it's instant satisfaction.image

Least fave: burying bulbs or digging out bricks/lumps of clayimage

• davids10davids10 Posts: 894

making compost, propagating, chasing couch grass through the beds and being amazed at vegetable power

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,213

I never thought I'd say this, but I like a good weeding session. Like Phillipa, i find my mind wanders happily whilst I am grubbing around.

like pricking out seedlings too, but that seems a long way offimage.

not sure about the yellow teapot Salino - doesn't seem to be making an appearance hereimage

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine

Salino I don't have a yellow teapot just a red cross image think I'd like a teapot to break up the monotony image My cursor keeps jumping on the forum and no where else, back space isn't working well prob' need a new computer image

Fruitcake apols image I went off on a tangent.

Please excuse typos I can't correct them !!

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,198

I don't have a teapot or a red cross...I feel deprived imageimage

I like weeding too but I enjoy creating more than anything - from beds to fences to new planting areas.

Digging out large roots and rocks is a killer though - I'd agree with you there Victoria. I'm getting too old for that malarkey!

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,094

Sitting in a deck chair in the sun with a glass of wine planning what to do image

But that was yesterday image

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.