Forum home The potting shed

Forum

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,267

If we could get Punica caught outside when the sun comes up,he would turn to stone and we could use him as a garden ornament image

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Was it Karl Marx or Groucho Marx...ah yes it was Groucho who said 'I wouldn't want to be a member of any Club that would have me'. I feel that you, Digger, are feeling that way. In fact you sound really upset and I'm sorry for that. Soon after I joined this forum, I was sent a private message urging me to go on a 'chatty' thread; it may have been Forkers: I really did not understand it. It wasn't so much that it was a clique, more that the people on it have a different sense of humour to mine.

Obviously there are times in our lives when we would like everyone to have the same attitude to life/death/gardening/humour, as ourselves, but darlin' it ain't going to happen. And actually it would be seriously boring if everyone was like ourselves.

Again, I am sorry that you are unhappy with the people here. I have found them endlessly patient with my questions and obsession with composting. The ones I have met in person are utterly delightful.image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

We don't need to push trolls away Matt, that's what the ignore function is for. It may be nearly time for me to do thatimage

It doesn't bother me that some don't like the forum, I'm not particularly interested in some of OH's forums. It doesn't matter. I don't go there. I'd be embarrassed just to drop in and criticise.image

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,267

I don't think I've ever posted in the forkers thread, not sure why but its no big deal.

• xx Posts: 100

I have read all the posts. I hope you have too. Look back at the initial post I made and explain how what you have all posted makes that initial post wrong. Especially the post by Mattbeer above. All you have done is confirm that you are a clique and will defend yourselves to the point of insult to anyone who disagrees. No wonder Monty and Nigel have such a hard time on here.

artjak, I agree totally. Alas, what I said is still true. This forum is dominated by a select few, as you can see from the previous comments.

pansyface, I empathise with all that I see in you as far as a few posts can do, and if you remember the vote for bob thread I actually thanked every single person individually as they posted. That's me. I asked for something and I thanked each person from my heart asap. Very few were of the clique variety though, which surprised me. I am still so very grateful for all who voted for bob.

Digger, who are Monty and Nigel?image

They are the hated but super talented and amusing presenters of GW. I luv'em!!!

Oh, the only gardening programme I watch is Beechgrove, because the presenters don't try to be celebsimage

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,609
    Crumbs - I'm off to enjoy the conversations elsewhere.

PS - I love Monty & Nigel but I think the forum is great too - the 2 can go together
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down

Then you are missing a TV treat. How to overwinter Canna's was on last week...so we are told